|The Scherago-Rubin Award
||The Scherago-Rubin Award is presented to recognize an outstanding clinical
microbiologist at the bachelor's or masters' level. This award was established
by the late Sally Jo Rubin, an active member of the ASM Clinical Microbiology
Division, in honor of her grandfather, Morris Scherago.
||A nondoctoral level clinical microbiologist who is involved primarily
in routine diagnostics work rather than in research and who has distinguished
himself or herself by excellent performance in the clinical laboratory.
||A framed certificate and a cash prize of $1,500 to defray costs of attending the ASM General Meeting, where the laureate and nominator are honored guests at the ASM awards banquet.
||All nomination materials must be submitted electronically
Nominations must be received by October 1. Nominations will be considered without updating for three years. Self-nominations will not be accepted. Nominations must consist of the following:
- Letter of Nomination. letter from the supervisor describing how the nominee's routine diagnostic work, rather than research, has distinguished himself or herself in the clinical laboratory.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of the nominee's publications.
- Two letters of support. Preferably from individuals from different institutions.
||How to Submit Nominations
Nomination materials will not be returned.
- Email the letter of nomination.
- Email nominee's CV.
- Ask two supporters to email their letters.
- Email all materials to email@example.com.