An E-Mail Discussion Group
|The Division C List Serve has been re-opened.
The List Serve has been converted to a private list. Because this mailing list is private, you must be approved by a
mailing list administrator before you can become a member of this
mailing list. If you have an immediate question, please contact a list moderator.
is an E-mail based discussion group (list server) which is maintained by
the American Society for Microbiology. This service is intended for
individuals who work in, or have an interest in, clinical microbiology
laboratories. The ultimate goal of the DivCNet is to improve communication
among clinical microbiology laboratories and ultimately, improve patient
care. This forum may be used to discuss any topic related to clinical
microbiology, ASM, ASM Division C, or other topics of interest to the membership.
is an un-moderated list where any message sent to the list server will
be automatically forwarded to all list members. Members who fail
to follow the rules of conduct (below) will be removed from the list.
Rules of Conduct
All postings should
be signed with the subscriber's name and E-Mail address. If the posting
is an announcement, include contact information such as phone, fax, and
Subscribers should be
willing to make their names known. Subscribers will not be allowed
to conceal their names from being seen on the list, and may not post anonymous
Postings to the group
should contain questions, comments, or information that is relevant to
the group topic and of interest to the entire group. If you want to question the opinions and information presented by others, please do not challenge
or attack these people by "flaming." If you have a differing opinion,
please support your opinion or comments and use them to express yourself
in a professional manner. Subscribers learn and benefit from qualified
responses to situations and questions.
Keep the tone of your
messages polite. Nothing is served by rudeness.
Keep message contents
limited to professional topics. Many people pay for their E-mail services
on a per message basis. Filling their mailboxes with electronic "junk mail"
is not considered polite.
Avoid shouting (writing
messages in all upper-case letters is considered shouting on the internet).
Do not use this list
for advertising. Discussion lists are not the place for this activity.
It is, however, perfectly reasonable to post a message to the list inquiring
about sources for materials or services you require.
of these rules will result in warning, and then removal of list privileges
for the offending individual. As the list evolves, these rules may require
modification. By applying for list membership, you agree to abide by the
current rules and any future modifications the list membership deems appropriate. Questions, complaints, and protests should be sent directly to one of the
moderators (below) or to Peter Baum
To Enter/Subscribe to the List Serve
To subscribe to the DivC Listsrv:
- Go to www.asm.org;
- Click on Sign Up for Email Alerts and Listservs in the left column;
- Provide an email account that you want your messages to go to; and
- Select "divC" to establish your request to joint the list. Your request will be automatically forwarded to a list manager for approval.
To manage your account from the ASM website:
- Go to www.asm.org;
- Click on Sign up for Email Alerts and Listservs in the left column;
- Provide your email to activate your account information;
- Click on Preferences to update your email address or to change how your messages are sent to you (Note: the default is full messages as received);
- Click on Message Archives to enter the Archive site;
NOTE that you may either "View" the archives or "Search" the archives and you will now be at http://mail.asmusa.org/read/login/
- If you wish to terminate your account, check the "leave" box for the appropriate list. You will receive an confirmatory email.
To manage/use your account directly from the mail server:
- Go to http://mail.asmusa.org/read/login/?divC;
- Enter Your email address and established password (if you have one);
- Select MY ACCOUNT from the menu on the left;
- From the dropdown called "Membership Type' you may adjust how your emails are delivered to your email account;
- If you are planning to travel and wish to SUSPEND emails, select "no email" from the options.
NOTE: This does not cancel your account. It only stops delivery of your emails while you are gone. To re-establish email delivery, simply reset the option to the one you want.
To email the list, address the email with email@example.com
What if I Still Have
E-mail message to one of the moderators for more help. Moderators
Brent Barrett - Greenwood Indiana firstname.lastname@example.org
Lehman - Newark, Deleware dlehman@UDel.Edu
Pusavat - Bakersfield, California email@example.com