It´s easy to make paper models of virus heads
- The icosahedron server shows
templates for making paper icosahedra, and illustrations of assembled
icosahedra, for a wide variety of T-numbers
author of this site Chunxu Qu
- A teacher´s guide to building the icosahedron as a class
Frederick Wicklin, The Geometry Center, University of Minnesota
Viruses. This site presents viruses, including bacteriophages, at a beginning level, with many definitions,
figures, animations, and suggested activities.
Dr. Gary Kaiser, Community College of Baltimore County
- An Electronic
Introduction to Molecular Virology
Ed Rybicki, University of Capetown
- A tutorial on
Virus Ultrastructure, that includes discussions of the principles of virus architecture and electron
Alas, the illustrations do not include bacteriophages.
Linda Stannard, University of Capetown
- For additional college level on-line course materials on bacteriophages see our Links page.
Science teaching resources for K12
- These books give access to basic information about phages in general,
or about specific phages.
Microbiology teaching resources
These sources are not specific to phages but in general apply to teaching biology at many levels
- Projects & tutorials on teaching/learning methods
Access to WWW
Links, for teachers, to other links listings on the World Wide Web