ASM Membership is not required to submit an abstract. However, if you apply for an ASM Travel Award, membership is REQUIRED to receive an award.
Please note: Neither a stipend nor subsidy is associated with being selected as an Oral Abstract Presenter.
Submit your abstract to be considered for an oral presentation. Selected symposia at ASM Microbe 2017 will include three, 15-minute oral presentations from submitted abstracts.
Here's how it works
- During the abstract submission process, select "yes" to indicate that you would like your abstract to be considered for oral presentation.
- Choose the session(s) to which you would like to have your abstract submitted.
The list of sessions applies to the following tracks:
- AAID - Antimicrobial Agents and Infectious Disease
- AES - Applied and Environmental Science
- CPHM - Clinical and Public Health Microbiology
- EES - Ecological and Evolutionary Science
- HMB - Host-Microbe Biology
- MBP - Molecular Biology and Physiology
- The session conveners will review the accepted abstracts and notify those that have been selected.
Please Note: You must first be selected for a poster presentation in order to be considered for an oral Abstract Presentation. If you are not selected for an Oral Presentation, you will still present a Poster of be considerd for other oral opportunities (this does not apply to the Profession of Microbiology track). This includes Poster Talk presentations and Rapid Fire presentations.