Recognizing the importance of the public health emergency of the ebola outbreak in western Africa, the ASM has compiled a list of informational resources available from the Society and other sources on the disease. This list will be updated as new material becomes available.
ASM Journal Articles on Ebola
A compendium of every journal article published by the ASM on ebola. No subscription required.
Interim Laboratory Guidelines for Handling/Testing Specimens from Cases or Suspected Cases of Hemorrhagic Fever Virus
The Committee on Laboratory Practices of ASM's Public and Scientific Affairs Board (PSAB) has prepared a document to assist laboratory personnel with testing in accordance with the current CDC Ebola Interim Guidance.
On Monday, September 8, 2014, 3 speakers presented information about the current ebola outbreak in West Africa at the ASM’s annual infectious disease meeting, the Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC).
Ebola Outbreak Response in West Africa: A Diagnostic, Scientific, and More Importantly, Humanitarian Perspective
Gary Kobinger; Natl. Microbiol. Lab., Winnipeg, Canada
Responding to the Ebola Outbreak in West Africa: Current Status and Lessons Learned
Barbara Knust, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA
Managing Patients Infected with Ebola Virus in Developed Countries: Lessons Learned
Aneesh Mehta, Emory University School of Medicine
Watch the video of their press conference.
View the full scientific presentations: Click Here
General Outbreak Information:
- What's New
- CDC's Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever Resources Page
- Questions and Answers on Ebola
- World Health Organization Disease Outbreak News
New Or Updated Guidance Documents:(Full range of guidance documents can be found on the CDC Ebola Web site http://www.cdc.gov/ebola)
- Interim Guidance Regarding Compliance with Select Agent Regulations for Laboratories Handling Patient Specimens (NEW)
- Ebola Guidance for Airlines (NEW)
- CDC Press Briefing Transcript and Audio Recording: Update on Ebola outbreak in West Africa, Sept. 2, 2014
- Outbreak Response Photos (UPDATED)
- Ebola Radio Health Messages in Local Languages
- Communication Resources (UPDATED)
- Outbreak Map (UPDATED)
- Digital Press Kit
- Infection Prevention and Control of Ebola Virus Disease in U.S. Hospitals
- CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden discusses Ebola outbreak
Other Resources on Ebola
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever page
- World Health Organization Ebola Response Roadmap page
- National Institutes of Health Ebola Research page
Jim Sliwa, ASM Office of Communications