The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington, DC, is seeking a full-time Business Systems and Database Development Senior Manager in the Information Services department. Responsibilities include managing all phases of complex technology projects from initiation to implementation and post-implementation sustainability. The leadership provided by the Manager will ensure technology solutions are delivered on-time, on-budget and within the documented scope. The manager will also oversee the development of a sustainable database infrastructure which allows the organization to apply reporting, business intelligence and visualization tools to maximize the transparency, availability and usefulness of the corporation's data repositories.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Systems or Computer Science. Graduate degree in business or information technology is a plus
- Minimum 10 years' experience in technology project management, including at least 7+ years leading large, complex projects
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Must have experience managing enterprise IT projects, including major business systems (ERP, financial, CRM, AMS, etc.) implementations
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools, PMP Certification is required
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting in a timely and effective manner
- Must be able to effectively manage scope of projects and the expectation of the project stakeholders, as well as the forward progress of teams responsible for the work
- Experience working with vendors
- Superior leadership and customer service skills
- Successful experience with budget development
- Prior contract negotiation and management experience
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.