The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington DC, is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator in the Meetings & Exhibits Division. Candidate will work on conference program coordination to include, but not limited to, correspondence with and management of abstract presenters and invited speakers and Workshops.
- College degree; 2–3 years of scientific program support
- Must have understanding of an association content development process
- Experience working with volunteer leaders and members required
- Excellent communication skills required, both oral and written
- Understands value and importance of quality controls and how to implement them
- Proficient in Microsoft platform, including Excel
- Maintenance of databases and ability to generate reports, forms, letters and tables required
- Strong knowledge of abstract/speaker management databases (OASIS preferred)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Travel required
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.