The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington DC, is seeking a Contractual Program Coordinator in the International Affairs Department, with primary responsibilities focused on assisting in coordination and administration of international grant activities. Incumbent will support a team of professionals focused on global laboratory capacity and health systems strengthening for infectious disease control and health security.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years of work experience or minimum of six years administrative work experience.
- Interest in the area of infectious diseases, global health security and development, particularly in resource-constrained environments.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse groups, including interacting effectively with co-workers, international stakeholders, funders, partners, vendors, etc.
- Experience coordinating travel, contract, and meeting logistics
- Experience collaborating on the design of projects and planning implementation
- Ability to multi-task and to complete tasks within assigned time frames
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in managing budgets
- Experience with U.S. Federal Grant administration
- Advanced MS Office proficiency and ability to develop databases and complex reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in English required
- Ability to easily adapt to other cultures
- Ability to travel
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street NW, Wash, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.
This position is funded by an external federal grant. Initially, candidates should be available for a 1 year commitment (with the possibility of an extension).