The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, DC, is seeking a full-time Logistics Manager in the Meetings department. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for meetings logistics for the society’s annual convention, ASM Microbe, and the Biothreats conference. Responsibilities include management of all logistical requirements for meetings venues, including function space assignments, audio visual, food and beverage and general services, budget development, planning operational approaches for increased efficiencies and guiding projects while interacting with the organizers of all meetings.
- College degree
- CMP preferred
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in planning city-wide conferences (5,000+ people)
- Experience with medical or scientific meeting planning is strongly desired
- Experience in vendor management
- Creative and innovative planner with ability to effectively problem-solve anticipated and immediate challenges and to prioritize and to work on a variety of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with demonstrated aptitude to be detailed oriented and possess independent and discretionary judgment
- Ability to collaborate with Assistant Director, Logistics Unit, Meetings Department and ASM Departments to foster teamwork
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Ability to motivate other staff and volunteers to work towards common goals and objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft platform, including Excel
- Travel required
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.