The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) is looking for a full-time rock-star marketing manager for our products that keep the world’s top talent in microbial sciences at the top of their game. Based in Washington, DC, ASM is part of one of science’s most exciting fields. The Lifelong Learning Marketing Manager will be a leader in ASM’s award-winning Marketing and Communications department and will be primarily responsible for developing and directing marketing and promotion strategies for the Meetings, Education, Strategic Alliance, and Professional Practices departments. Responsibilities include leading and managing strategic direction for the development and execution of multiple and simultaneous integrated marketing campaigns to support specific objectives in terms of awareness, response and acquisition. The marketing manager will plan, organize and manage all aspects of campaign management including shaping strategy, budget and personnel management.
If you are ready for a real challenge and to make a real difference for science, apply for this unique position today.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications. Graduate degree in related field or extensive professional experience a plus
- Seven years’ experience in and mastery of developing and managing dynamic breakthrough marketing campaigns and teams
- Experience serving as product line and customer advocate
- Experience in marketing communications environment with a large scientific/health/medical association a plus
- Results oriented with ability to work in fast paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to prioritize and pivot priorities based on organizational needs
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills coupled with strong analytical ability
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skill in creating effective visual solutions
- Experience in developing virtual and physical user experiences in the lifelong learning space
- Self-starter who can work independently and effectively
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional team members
- Ability to shepherd cross-functional projects to completion
- Expert use of MS Office Suite and other creative software
- Very high energy and positive attitude
- At least 3 years supervisory and employee development experience
- Budget management experience
- Strong customer/user focus
- Results oriented
- Ability to travel
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.