The American Society for Microbiology is pleased to provide email listservs for its members to use as a means for sharing information on topics of interest and benefit to the listserv group as a whole. By participating in an ASM listserv, you are agreeing that you will read and follow these rules.
- Keep message contents limited to professional topics. Postings to the groups should only contain questions, comments or information relevant to the group topic and of interest to the entire group.
- If you want to question the opinions and information presented by others, do not challenge or attack these people by "flaming". If you have a differing opinion, support your opinion or comments and use them to express yourself in a professional manner. Subscribers can learn and benefit from qualified responses to situations or questions.
- All postings must be signed with the subscriber's name and e-mail address. If the posting is an announcement, include contact information, such as phone, fax and E-mail address.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, anticompetitive or illegal materials. The ASM does not condone and will not be responsible for any such materials or resulting liability, including antitrust liability.
- Do not post any information protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By sending information via the ASM listserv, the sending party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright to such information, or has received permission from the person or entity who owns the copyright to such information. By posting information to the ASM listserv the posting party grants the ASM and users of the ASM listserv the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information. Subject to the grant of this license, the posting party retains any other rights that the party may have to such information.
- Do not post commercial messages, such as professional development activities, promotional announcements, advertising, product-related press releases, or other commercial use. Contact people directly to provide information about products or services that you believe will help them. You may post a message on the listserv asking for information or recommendations for products or services that you need.
- Comply with all federal and state privacy laws, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA).
- For ClinMicroNet only: Do NOT forward any messages to a manufacturer-based colleague.
- ASM complies with all antitrust laws and advises all listserv members not to post any content that could violate antitrust laws. Do not post any message content that:
a. Discusses fees charged or paid for services
b. Discusses prices, discounts, or terms and conditions of sale for any products
c. Discusses profits or profit margins or cost data
d. Discusses salaries or terms of employment
e. Discusses market shares, sales territories or markets
f. Encourages or aids allocating market shares, sales territories, customers or markets
g. Encourages or aids boycotting of another’s business
h. Encourages or aids in an implied or express agreement to fix prices, discounts, terms or conditions of sale, salaries, profits, profit margins or to boycott another’s business or otherwise illegally restrict free trade
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the listserv. To unsubscribe, please login at https://www.asm.org/index.php/subscriptions-listservs/and select “No” to be removed from the list. Other administrative correspondence should be directed to email@example.com.
- The ASM does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the ASM's attention, the ASM will take all appropriate action.
- The ASM reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules.
- The ASM is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on these sites by others. The ASM disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by the ASM or any third party. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the ASM be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Listserv Account Subscription and Management
To subscribe to the listserv:
- Go to archive.asm.org;
- Click on Sign Up for Email Alerts and Listservs in the left column;
- Provide an email account that you want your messages to go to; and
- Select the appropriate listserv to establish your request to join the list. Your request will be automatically forwarded to a list manager for approval.
To manage your account from the ASM website:
- Go to archive.asm.org;
- Click on Sign up for Email Alerts and Listservs in the left column;
- Provide your email to activate your account information;
- Click on Preferences to update your email address or to change how your messages are sent to you (Note: the default is full messages as received);
- Click on Message Archives to enter the Archive site;
- NOTE that you may either "View" the archives or "Search" the archives and you will now be at http://mail.asmusa.org/read/login
- If you wish to terminate your account, check the "leave" box for the appropriate list. You will receive a confirmation email.
To manage/use your account directly from the mail server:
- Go to http://mail.asmusa.org/read/login and enter the name of your listserv preceded by a "?" (ie: ?divc)
- Enter your email address and established password (if you have one);
- Select MY ACCOUNT from the menu on the left;
- From the dropdown called "Membership Type" you may adjust how your emails are delivered to your email account;
- If you are planning to travel and wish to SUSPEND emails, select "no email" from the options.
- NOTE: This does not cancel your account. It only stops delivery of your emails while you are gone. To re-establish email delivery, simply reset the option to the one you want.
To email the list, address the email with firstname.lastname@example.org