- Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy®
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology®
- Clinical and Vaccine Immunology®
- Clinical Microbiology Reviews®
- Eukaryotic Cell®
- Genome Announcements™
- Infection and Immunity®
- Journal of Bacteriology®
- Journal of Clinical Microbiology®
- Journal of Virology®
- Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews®
- Molecular and Cellular Biology®
- Minireview Collection of all Journals
The mission of the ASM Journals program is to advance the microbiological sciences through the pursuit of scientific knowledge and dissemination of the results of fundamental and applied research. Edited by working scientists who are drawn from eminent institutions around the world, ASM Journals have delivered excellence and value for nearly 100 years. Known for their quality, rigor, and fairness, ASM Journals continue to provide current, influential coverage of basic and clinical microbial research.
To create more opportunities for researchers to get their important findings out to the global scientific community and share insights across subfields, ASM is launching two new interdisciplinary open-access journals, mSphereTM and mSystemsTM, in early 2016. mSphereTM will be led by Founding Editor in Chief Michael Imperiale, who seeks to publish high-quality work that makes fundamental contributions to our understanding of the broad field of microbiology. Jack Gilbert will serve as the Founding Editor in Chief of mSystemsTM, which will welcome submissions from researchers who focus on the microbiome, genomics, metagenomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, proteomics, glycomics, bioinformatics, and computational microbiology. Both mSphere™ and mSystems™ will provide streamlined decisions, while carrying on ASM’s tradition for rigorous peer review. Calls for Papers are scheduled for September 2015. For more information, please visit: http://msphere.asm.org/ and http://msystems.asm.org/.
Thomson Reuters reports the following data on ASM’s journals in its most recent Journal Citation Reports®:
- ASM journals publish 20% of all Microbiology articles, while accounting for 33% of all Microbiology citations
- ASM journals publish the 5 highest-cited journals in Microbiology
- ASM journals publish the #1 journal ranked by Eigenfactor® in 2 fields
- ASM has the top-cited journal in 4 categories
Articles published in the ASM journals receive international media attention and have been featured in the New York Times, Science Magazine, Los Angeles Times, CNN, National Public Radio (NPR), CNBC, and dozens of other media outlets.