Create a short video addressing myths and misrepresentations affecting your science and you could win big!
The winner will receive a cash prize and present his or her video at ASM's General Meeting.
ASM is asking our members to create a 30-90 second video that explores the theme of miscommunication or disbelief in science from any perspective - personal or professional, local or global. Members both in the U.S. and around the world can participate!
So grab your camera (or cell phone) and go!
Deadline: April 13, 2015
Length: 30-90 seconds
Subject: Share your experience with a commonly misunderstood issue in science
ASM 2015 General Meeting registration and cash award
- First place: $500
- Second place: $250
- Third place: $100
Things to consider:
- What are common myths about your science?
- How has science prevented or dispelled misconceptions about our world?
- How can scientists better communicate their issues?
- How has misunderstood science affected you, your country or our global community?
Your video will be judged on:
- Does your video address the theme?
- How well you use the key theme to explore the diverse and exciting field of microbiology
- How well you use creativity to grab attention and make a point
- Is the content organized and understandable?
- Quality of the video (the audio and visuals are clear)
How to submit:
- Create your video and upload to your personal YouTube account.
- Submit your video to MicrobeWorld and tag it with "GVC" (Instructional video below)
(If you don't have a MicrobeWorld account, register by clicking "Join" in the top left. Once you are registered click "submit" to add your video. Don't forget to use the tag "GVC" )
- Fill out the application form (link below)
- Submission must be received by April 13, 2015.
- *Alternatively, you may also mail a DVD or USB Stick with your video file to:
American Society for Microbiology
Attn: Global Video Challenge
1752 N St, NW, Washington DC 20036
Have questions? Email email@example.com.
 Please note that ASM is not responsible for any expenses associated with sending any contest materials by mail.