See also VI. Treasurers and Finances.
The Archives includes donated correspondence of the following Secretary-Treasurers and Secretaries: Ira L. Baldwin (1935-42), Leland W. Parr (1945-49), John E. Blair (1949-51), Henry W. Scherp (1951-53), John Hays Bailey (1953-57), E. M. Foster (1957-61), Philipp Gerhardt(1961-67), and Donald E. Shay (1967-74). This material has been filed by Previous archivists by Society function.
A. Reports and General
- List of Secretary-treasurers of SAB/ASM
- Reports to Council and CPC, 1970-74
- Clippings including Reports to Council, 1935-56
- Requests to Committee Chairmen for Annual Reports, 1961-80
B. Correspondence of the Secretary-Treasurer -- Much of the correspondence consists of duplicated letters to members of Council and CPC.
- Reports and memoranda of A. Parker Hitchens, 1916-22
- Correspondence, memoranda of Ira L. Baldwin, 1935-39
- Miscellaneous correspondence of Ira L. Baldwin and J.M. Sherman with Council, 1934-1941
- Correspondence, reports to Council of W. B Sarles, W.C. Frazier, and Leland W. Parr, 1942-48
- Correspondence of W.C. Frazier, 1943-44 -- includes minutes and reports to Council, 1943
- Correspondence of W.C. Frazier and Leland W. Parr, 1944-46 (file of L.S. McClung)
- Correspondence of Leland W. Parr with Council, 1944-48 -- includes reports of committees to Council, 1947, and report of Secretary 1947, 1948.
- Correspondence of Leland W. Parr (duplicate set), 1946-48
- Correspondence of Leland W. Parr, 1947-49 (file of L.S. McClung)
- Miscellaneous correspondence of Leland W. Parr, 1946-49
- Notes of L.W. Parr on membership, meetings, committees, appointments, etc., 1946-48
- Correspondence of John E. Blair and Henry W. Scherp, 1949-52
- Miscellaneous correspondence of John E. Blair, 1949-50
- Correspondence of Henry W. Scherp, primarily with President and Council, 1950-53.
- Correspondence of John Hays Bailey with Council and CPC, 1952-55
- Correspondence of John Hays Bailey concerning Council and CPC, 1952-59
- Folders 18 and 18A:
- Folder 18: Correspondence of E.M. Foster with Council and CPC, 1957-61.
- Folder 18A: Memos of E.M. Foster to Council & CPC, 1957-60. (File of L.S. McClung)
- Correspondence of E.M. Foster with Spohn, Ross, Stevens and Pick, attorneys, concerning tax status and other matters, 1958-60
- Folders 20 and 20.1:
- Folder 20: Correspondence of E.M. Foster with F.C. Harwood, Business Manager of Waverly Press, 1957
- Folder 20.1: Miscellaneous correspondence of E.M. Foster, 1957-61
- Printed letters of E.M. Foster to membership of SAB, 1960
- Miscellaneous memoranda of J.M. Joseph, 1977-81
- Miscellaneous correspondence of Barbara Lago, 1984-88
- Correspondence of Barbara Lago concerning new division: Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology -- includes signed petitions, 1983-84
- Correspondence of Barbara Lago concerning new division: Medical Immunology, 1984-85
- Correspondence of Barbara Lago concerning Alaska branch, 1983-84