Application Deadline: November 15, 2013
The American Society for Microbiology Distinguished Lecturer (ASMDL) Program (formerly the Waksman Foundation for Microbiology Lectures Program) annually selects a scientifically diverse group of outstanding speakers who are available to participate in ASM Branch meetings at the local and regional level. The ASMDL Committee will begin preparing the speaker list for the 2014-2015 program year in December 2013. The Committee welcomes recommendations from the ASM Membership.
Speaker Eligibility Requirements:
- Nominees must be ASM members.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Lecturers who have participated in the program over the previous 5 years are not eligible to serve again unless there is a specific need for a topic that justifies the selection of that individual. Click here for a list of past ASM Distinguished Lecturers.
- ASM also invites nominations for candidates from its international member community where international members are on sabbatical, or visiting the United States for at least one year.
To propose a candidate for this program, please submit the following (preferably by e-mail) to the Chair, American Society for Microbiology Distinguished Lecturer Committee:
- Letter of Nomination - The letter should summarize the candidate's qualifications for the program, including an assessment of the candidate's abilities as a speaker.
- Candidate's CV
- Program Nomination Form Listing Suggested Lecture Topics (Click Here for Nomination Form)
- Short letters of recommendations from individuals willing to comment on the candidate's fitness for the program, including an assessment of speaking ability (Alternatively, you may submit names and contact information of individuals who may be willing to comment upon the candidate's fitness for the program and we will contact them for recommendations)
E-mail Submission of Nomination Materials is preferred
Submit nominations to:
Chair, ASM Distinguished Lecturer Committee
American Society for Microbiology - Membership Services
1752 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036