CLIA background information, test issues, laboratory director qualifications, quality control (QC), etc.
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- January 1, 1994 - "What is CLIA? Answers to Frequently Asked Questions"
- CLIA-related publications from the Federal Register & Code of Federal Regulations
- Final Rule on the Requirements for Laboratory Director Personnel Qualifications and Quality Control Requirements
- Waived Tests
CLIAC Meeting Summaries
- September 20-21, 2006 CLIAC Meeting Summary
- February 8-9, 2006 CLIAC Meeting Summary
- September 7 - 8, 2005 CLIAC Meeting Summary
- February 16-17, 2005 CLIAC Meeting Summary
- February 11- 12, 2004 CLIAC Meeting Summary
- September 16 - 18, 2003 CLIAC Meeting Summary
- March 11 - 12, 2003 CLIAC Meeting Summary
- January 30-31, 2002 CLIAC Meeting Summary
- February 7 - 8, 2001 CLIAC Meeting Summary
- September 27 - 28, 2000 CLIAC Meeting Summary
Individualized Quality Control Plan (IQCP)
September 8, 2015 - ASM Poses Questions to CMS on Implementation of IQCP
The ASM submitted questions to the Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on the implementation of Individualized Quality Control Plans (IQCPs) in the clinical microbiology laboratory. The answers sought will allow ASM to assist clinical microbiologists prepare for implementation of their own IQCPs by the deadline of January 2016.