The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington DC, is seeking an Editorial Coordinator in the Journals Department. Incumbent would be responsible for performing editorial and peer review functions from submission to final decision using the online manuscript submission/peer review system.
- Minimum BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 2+ years experience with scholarly journals publishing
- Knowledge of journal peer review processes
- Experience with a professional association or society
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment in high-pressure peer review environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to interacting effectively, diplomatically, and confidentially (as appropriate) with staff, members, and volunteers in a nonprofit environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with web-based technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and analytical skills
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.