The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington DC, is seeking a Contractual Administrative Assistant in the Member Engagement and Innovation Department. Incumbent will focus on advancing the agenda of the Member Engagement and Innovation division of the American Society of Microbiology. The key objectives for the Assistant would be to advance ASM's agenda in the areas of:
- Assisting Senior Director in day to day administrative support
- Supporting program activities of member engagement, innovation and international affairs.
- Global health (sustainable development)
- Foreign policy and diplomacy
- Public affairs, strategic communication, outreach
- Global knowledge sharing & networking
- Biodefense, bio risk management and bio threat reduction
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (management, communication, public health, biological sciences, foreign affairs); At least 2 years relevant work experience
- Outstanding writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a wide cross-section of nationalities and cultures
- Demonstrated MS Office proficiency and ability to multi-task
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience compiling extensive written reports
- Ability to work with high degree of independence
- Experience with website management preferred
- Foreign languages is a plus
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter, and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.
Candidates should be available for a 1 year commitment (with the possibility of an extension).