The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), a non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, DC, is seeking a full-time Manager, Registration, Housing and Ancillary Services in the Meetings department. The incumbent will manage all aspects of registration and housing, as well as ancillary services, for ASM meetings and conferences. This includes negotiation and management of hotel contracts, all registration and housing processes and procedures, and managing ancillary vendors such as shuttles and temporary staffing.
- College degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in registration and housing for city-wide conferences (5,000+ people)
- Experience in RFP preparation, facility contract negotiation and site selection strategies for city-wide conferences
- Experience with outsourcing contracts and vendor relationships
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience with registration and housing software platforms and databases
- Budget development and management experience
- Ability to effectively problem-solve anticipated and immediate challenges and to prioritize and to work on a variety of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision. Demonstrated ability to be detailed oriented and possess independent and discretionary judgment
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft platform, including Excel
- Travel required
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.