Join by Mail
Information about how to become a Full, Student, or Transitional Member. Benefits include a subscription to Microbe; member rates for meetings, workshops, audioconferences, ASM journals, and for selected ASM Press titles; and health and life insurance policies.
If you would like to join the ASM, but would prefer not to join online, please access the below online join link, complete the requested fields, and select "Offline Payment Methods" when you get to your order summary page. A proforma invoice will be produced, which you can then print and send in with your payment.
Members will have access to any “Members Only” sections of the website. You must first register at the estore prior to joining the ASM. Registration can be completed in 4 easy steps.
- Enter your email address at: http://estore.asm.org/createaccount.asp?FormID=101
- Click “continue” next to “Joining ASM?”
- Create a user name and password as instructed.(Please record it for future use.)
- Enter your basic account information as instructed and click “Update.” Your registration is now complete.
Please note that paper application processing requires 2 - 3 weeks. For expedited service, please visit Join ASM.
Alternately, you can request an application from Membership Services at email@example.com.
Global Outreach MembershipThe ASM Global Outreach Program aims to enhance scientific knowledge exchange between ASM and members in developing countries by providing direct assistance for scientific& research needs via ASM's cutting-edge resources and membership network.
In recognition of the significant challenges faced by scientists in developing countries, ASM hopes to empower local microbiology communities and identify leaders by offering access to ASM's resources, extensive network of over 40,000 members and additional member-only benefits provided at no cost.
How can ASM empower you?
· Free ASM Membership... a $63 value!
- Free access to:
- A global network of 40,000 microbiologists, as well as member-only resources on archive.asm.org
- ASM's 12 internationally recognized scientific journals and the ASM magazine Microbe. A package valued at $250!
- Microbe Library, with thousands of images, videos, articles and instructional guides.
- Cumitechs, consensus reports that provide practical guidance and background information for those working in the field of clinical microbiology... a $250 value!
- Ecosal.org, essential reading materials for E. coli and Salmonella ... a $150 value!
- Discounts-Earn major discounts on ASM conferences, books, and online resources
- Professional Development - Enhance your career options with ASM's online job search, pre-conference workshops, webinars and mentoring programs
- Awards and Grants- Qualify for member-only achievement awards, travel grants, fellowships and professorships.
- Facebook Groups- Join the scientific discussion on one or more of ASM's International Facebook Groups and network with microbiologists from around the globe. archive.asm.org/international/facebook-groups.
Although ASM membership and subscriptions are provided at no cost, they must be renewed annually. Print journals are not free. If they are requested, the member will be billed for them at the current member rate.
Join ASM as a Global Outreach member for free:
- Please visit the ASM eStore and select "create an account"
- Upon return to the ASM eStore homepage, click "ASM Membership and Join ASM"
- Your Global Outreach membership, subscriptions to EcoSal.org, Cumitechs, and all 12 ASM online journals will be added to your checkout cart at no cost.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your membership number within 24-72 hours.
If you need further assistance, please contact the ASM Global Outreach Program: GlobalOutreach@asmusa.org.
To Join ASM online, please visit ASM's estore at estore.asm.org and click on Membership.
About the Archives
Guides to General Historical Collections
Finding Aids to Non-ASM Related Collections
Finding Aids to ASM Related Collections
Significant Events of the Last 125 Years
The Foundations of Medical and Veterinary Virology: Discoverers and Discoveries, Inventors and Inventions, Developers and Technologies
Records of the Society
For information about ASM's new dues structure, please visit www.asm.org/advance