Get Funded: Understand the Grant Writing Process
Registration deadline: July 15
Webinar Schedule: August - October 2017
Writing your first grant? Overwhelmed by the grant writing process? Don't know where to start? We can help! Attend ASM's Grant Writing Online Course. This seven-part course will provide personalized feedback and cover a wide range of topics, including:
- The funding landscape
- Core aspects of successful grant applications
- Applying for foundation funding
- Writing impactful biosketches
- The review process
The course is based upon successful ASM professional development models in which participants:
- Attend interactive webinars presented by experts in the field,
- Complete pre- and post-webinar assignments, and
- Participate in an online community of participants, mentors, and facilitators
In order to get the most out of the course, you are strongly encouraged to:
- Participate in all seven webinars,
- Complete all pre- and post-webinar assignments in a timely manner,
- Interact with online community,
- Participate in surveys for a maximum of 24 months, and
- Have a personal computer
If you successfully complete all assignments, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Webinar #1: The funding landscape and an overview of the grant-writing enterprise
Presenter: Michael Ibba
Webinar #2: The core of any successful grant application
Presenter: Eric Skaar
Webinar #3: You’re not done yet! Other crucial components of a grant application
Presenters: Michael Ibba and Auturo Casadevall
Webinar #4: Introducing yourself to reviewers: Impactful biosketches
Webinar #5: The grant review process
Presenter: Amanda Simcox
Webinar #6: Applying for foundation funding
Presenter: Matthew Sullivan
Webinar #7: Feedback on submitted grant components
Presenters: Cindi Cornelissen and Michael Ibba
*All webinars are subject to change
Michael Ibba, Ph.D., The Ohio State University
Cindi Nau Cornelissen, Ph.D., Virginia Commonwealth University
Sponsorship and Credentials
The ASM Grant Writing Online Course webinar series is sponsored by the ASM Committee on Graduate and Postdoctoral Education of the ASM Education Board, Burroughs Wellcome Fund, and ASM-Leaders Inspiring Networks and Knowledge (ASM-LINK).
Eligibility & Registration
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a graduate student, postdoctoral scientist or early to mid-career scientist
- Have an interest in learning about the grant process
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis
Click on REGISTER NOW to complete the registration form.
ASM Members: $175
Become an ASM member for as little as $22/year!
Please note, no refunds will be given. Instead, all participants who pay the registration fee will be given access to the recordings for a limited time.
Be in the know. Like us on Facebook.