ASM Best Poster Prizes are awarded to students at meetings and conferences all over the world. Recent winners include:
32ème Réunion Interdisciplinaire de Chimiothérapie Anti-infectieuse (RICAI), Paris, France, November 22-23, 2012
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Tristan Ferry, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales Hôpital de la Croix-Rousse
University of the West Indies at Mona Faculty of Medical Sciences Annual Research Conference, Kingston, Jamaica, November 7-9, 2012
- ASM Best Poster Prize- 1st Place: Rohan Willis
- ASM Best Poster Prize- 2nd Place: Nicole Christian
- ASM Best Poster Prize- 3rd Place: Glendee Reynolds-Campbell
XXXV General Meeting of the Turkish Society for Microbiology, Kuşadası, Aydın, Turkey, November 3-7, 2012
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Nurver Ulger, Department of Microbiology, Marmara University Medical School
XXVII Congress of the Polish Society of Microbiologists, Medical University of Lublin, Poland, September 5-8, 2012
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Dorota Plewik, Department of Medical Microbiology, Medical University of Lubin, for her work "Quorum-sensing molecules in Candida spp. tyrosol and farnesol - species differences in synthesis"
- ASM Certificate of Distinction: Małgorzata Kozioł for her work "Analysis of post-cardiosurgical thoracic wound infections in relation to microbial spectrum and selected risk factors"
ASM Ambassador to Poland, Piotr Kochan (center), presenting the ASM Best Poster Prize to Dorota Plewik (left) and Małgorzata Kozioł (right)
VIII Congress of the Argentinean Society of Basic Microbiology (SAMIGE), July 4-6, 2012
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Germán David Schrott, INTEMA-CONICET
1st International Congress of Environmental Science and Technology and 1st National Congress of the Argentinean Society of Environmental Sciences and Technologies, Mar del Plata, Argentina, May 28- June 1, 2012
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Matías Eduardo Lospennato, Grupo UTN de Investigación en Química Orgánica Biológica (QUIMOBI)
The Portuguese Society for Microbiology and the Portuguese Society for Biotechnology: National Congress MicroBiotec11, Braga, Portugal, December 1-3, 2011
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Catarina Sim-Sim Pereira, Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
ASM Ambassador to Portugal, Cecilia Arraiano (left) congratulating ASM Best Poster Prize Winner, Catarina Sim-Sim Pereira (right) at MicroBiotec 11 in Braga, Portugal.
52nd Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologists of India, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India, November 3-6, 2011
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Authors: S. Ponmariappan, Swati Jain, Richa Sijoria, Yamini Singh, Om Kumar and GBKS Prasad; Biotechnology Division, Defence Research and Development Establishment, for their poster entitled: Induction of Type1 and Type2 Immune Response Against Light Chain of Botulinum Neurotoxin Type B Synthetic Gene Construct.
Presentation of the ASM Best Poster Prize at the 52nd Annual AMI Conference, India
Réunion Interdisciplinaire de Chimiothérapie Anti-infectieuse: RICAI, Paris, France, December 1-2, 2011.
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Dr. Laurent Dortet, Department of Bacteriology-Virology, Hôpital du Kremlin-Bicêtre
ASM Ambassador to France, Jacques Acar (left) and RICAI President, Francois Caron (right) presenting an ASM Best Poster Prize at the Réunion Interdisciplinaire de Chimiothérapie Anti-infectieuse (RICAI) in Paris, France.
Congreso Centroamericano y del Caribe de Parasitologia y Microbiologia, Panama City, Panama, November 23-25, 2011.
- ASM Best Poster Prize, First Place- Gloria Gonzalez, Instituto Biotecnología, Grupo de investigación de Bioquímica y Parasitología Molecular, Departamento de Parasitología, Universidad de Granada, Granada, España; for her poster entitled: Expresión Diferencial e Inmunolocalización de una Small Like-calpain Peptidasa en Diferentes Estadios de Leishmania.
- ASM Best Poster Prize, Second Place- Maria Cano, Instituto Conmemorativo Gorgas de Estudios de la Salud, Virology Department, Panama; for her poster entitled: Caracterización Genética De Los Virus Respiratorio Sincicial y Metapneumovirus Humano Aislados en Panamá.
- ASM Best Poster Prize, Third Place- Aracelis Miranda, Instituto Conmemorativo Gorgas para Estudios de la Salud, Panamá with collaboration of Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Brazil; for her poster entitled: Espaciador intergénico del gen de la calmodulina: Un marcador útil para caracterizar cepas de Leishmania.
ASM Ambassador to Panama, Loyda Oduber presenting an ASM Best Poster Prize at the Congreso Centroamericano y del Caribe de Parasitologia y Microbiologia in Panama
Life, death and survival of Micro-organisms: Belgian Society for Microbiology, Brussels, Belgium, November 16, 2011
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Benoît Desguin, Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) at Louvain-la-Neuve
Joint General Meeting: Turkish Society for Microbiology and KLIMUD, Antalya, Turkey, November 12-16, 2011
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Dr. Burak Selek, for his poster entitled "Lenezolid resistance in Staphylococcus epidermidis with G2576T and A2309G mutations: First report from Turkey"
Second Meeting on Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Bacteria, Huatusco Veracruz, Mexico, November 7-11, 2011
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Meztlli Gaytan Enriquez, Universidad National Autonoma de Mexico
University of West Indies at Mona: 20th Anniversary Faculty of Medical Sciences Annual Research Conference, Kingston, Jamacia, November 9-11, 2011
- ASM Best Poster Prize, First Place- Stacy Stephenson, PhD student, Department of Basic Medical Sciences, UWI Mona
- ASM Best Poster Prize, Second Place- Dr. Lisa Chin, DM Resident in Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, UWI Mona
- ASM Best Oral Presenation- Dr. Renee Morgan, DM Resident in Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics, and Gynecology, UWI Mona
5th Congress of the Slovenian Microbiological Society with International Participation in Association with 3rd CEFORM (Central European Forum for Microbiology), Maribor, Slovenia, October 12-15, 2011
- ASM Best Poster Prize, Jerneja Mori, National Institute of Chemistry, Poster entitled: Activation of Innate and Adaptive Immune Response by Chimeric Flagellin
7th Balkan Congress of Microbiology – Microbiologia Balkanica 2011, Belgrade, Serbia, October 25-29, 2011
- ASM Best Poster Prize, Zarko Ivanovic, Institute for Plant Protection, Belgrade, Serbia
ASM Ambassador to Serbia, Dragoslava Radin presenting the ASM Best Poster Prize to Zarko Ivanovic at Microbiologia Balkanica 2011
LAB10: The Tenth Symposium on Lactic Acid Bacteria, the Netherlands, August 28 to September 1, 2011
ASM Best Poster Prize: Astrid Wahl, Belgium
ASM Country Liaison to Ireland, Colin Hill, presenting an ASM Best Poster Prize at LAB10 in the Netherlands
23rd National Meeting of the Spanish Society for Microbiology (SEM), July 11-15, 2011.
Luara Rubio Sanz, Centro de Biotecnologia y Genomica de Plantas, Madrid, Spain
Australian ASM Annual Scientific Meeting: Microbiology on the Edge, Hobart, Australia, July 4-8, 2011.
ASM Best Poster Prize: Bita Zaferanoloo, Swinburn University, Melbourne, Australia
4th European Federation of Microbiological Societies (FEMS) Congress, June 26-30, 2011.
ASM Best Poster Prize: Daniela Kiekebusch, Marburg, Germany
Canadian Society for Microbiologists/Societe Canadienne des Microbiologistes (CSM/SCM), June 20-23, 2011.
- ASM Student Symposium Award: Michael D Preston, Department of Geography, University of Toronto Mississauga
ASM International Ambassador to Canada, Peter Krell (left) presenting an ASM Student Symposium Award to Michael D Preston (right)
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Saima M Sidik, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dalhousie University
ASM International Ambassador to Canada, Peter Krell (left) presenting an ASM Best Poster Prize to Saima M Sidik (right)
VII Congreso Argentina de Mictobiologia General, SAMIGE del Bicentenario, Tucuman, Argentina, May 18-20, 2011
ASM Best Oral Presenation Award: Carol Davies Sala, Fundacion Instituto Leloir- IIBBA, CONICET; Dto. Quimica Biologica FCEyN, UBA, Argentina
ASM Best Poster Prize: Antonio Lagares, LBMIBS- Depto. Ciencia y Tecnologia- Universidad Nacional de Quilmes, Argentina
6th Asia-Pacific Biotechnology Congress and 40th Philippine Society for Microbiology Annual Convention and Scientific Meeting, May 11-14, 2011.
ASM Best Poster Prize (Graduate): Christina Lora M. Leyson, National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of the Philippines Diliman
ASM Best Poster Prize (Graduate): Christian Adam L. Espiritu, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of the Philippines Diliman
ASM Best Poster Prize (Undergraduate): Loranz Kristoffer D. Daga, Department of Biology, University of Philippines Manila
ASM Best Poster Prize (Undergraduate): Angelo Gabriel P. Peralta, Biology Department, Ateneo de Manila University