The Mentoring Breakfast will provide domestic students, postdoctoral scientists, and professionals an opportunity to discuss topics relevant to career transitions with committed ASM mentors. Sponsored by ASM’s Committee on Microbiological Issues Impacting Minorities (CMIIM) and Underrepresented Members Committee (UMC), the Mentoring Breakfast will facilitate discussions about key career transition junctures, such as:
• progressing to graduate school
• transitioning from graduate student to postdoctoral study
• postdoctoral students moving to a tenure track
• entering industry, clinical, or government positions
• alternative career tracks
Where Marriott Marquis Hotel, Golden Gate A Room
When Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 8-10 a.m.