The David Perlman Collection contains biographical materials, reports concerning fermentation and antibiotics, and teaching materials related to Dr. Perlman's tenure at the University of Wisconsin, where he served as Professor of Pharmacy and then Dean of the School of Pharmacy (1967-1980), after working for almost 20 years at the Squibb Institute for Medical research.
For additonal information, contact the ASM Archivist
A. BIOGRAPHICAL AND BIBLIOGRAPHICAL MATERIALS.
B. PAPERS. 6"
- Miscellaneous correspondence, 1957-62; correspondence concerning proposed history of antibiotics program of Office of Production Research and Development during WWII, 1967
- Speeches on the History of Antibiotics by DP and others, 1965-78. Includes transcript of session from 5th ICAAC, 1965
- Third International Fermentation Symposium (1967), 1964-68
- ASM Continuing Education Workshops (Fermentation), 1976-77
- First International Congress, IAMS (1974), 1973-74
- 15th and 30th Anniversary Symposium of the Institute of Microbial Chemistry and Journal of Antibiotics (1977), 1976-77
- First (1976) and Third (1978) International Symposium on Genetics of Industrial Microorganisms, 1974-78
- Correspondence among Perlman, Marlette Swenson (Wisconsin University-Industry Research Program) and William Chace (Manufacturing Chemists' Association) concerning proposed book, "Antibiotics," 1967-68; Chapters 3-7 of the book
C. UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MATERIALS. 2.5'
- Course Materials:
- Bacterial Physiology, 1943
- Chemistry 252: Analytical and Inorganic Seminar, 1942 (includes Fermentation Journal Club Reports, 1939-43)
- "Experiments in General Bacteriology" by William Sarles, 1940, with notes by DP, 1939-40
- Agricultural Bacteriology 125: Food Bacteriology; Agricultural Bacteriology 127: Industrial Microbiology, 1944
- Biochemistry 127: Fermentation Biochemistry, 1942
- Biochemistry 133, 1942; Agricultural Bacteriology 131, 1941 (includes bio paper on Zinsser); also includes Fermentation Journal Club, 1941-42
- Industrial Fermentation Short Course, 1977 (taught by DP)
- Fermentation Journal Club Reports, 1943-52
- Research Reports:
- Antibiotics, 1953-1966. Copies of Contents Page for each report are in first folder
- Penicillin, 1943-45: miscellaneous reports, 1943-44; Summary report to War Production Board, 1945; Perlman reports, 1943-44 (bound)
- 2,3, Butylene Glycol, 1943 (bound)
D. GORDON RESEARCH CONFERENCES (bound). 6"
- "On Coenzymes and Metabolic Pathways," 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967
- "On Vitamins and Metabolism," 1956, 1957, 1961
E. INFORMATION BULLETIC, INTERNATIONAL CENTER OF INFORMATION ON ANTIBIOTICS, IN COLLABORATION WITH W.H.O.
- #1-#15 (1964-77); #18-19 (1979-80)
F. REPRINTS OF DAVID PERLMAN. 1'
- Review Articles, 1949-1971. Includes copy of bibliography indicating holdings
- Scientific reprints, 1944-72. Includes copy of bibliography indicating holdings
- Scientific Reprints, 1973-80. Includes copy of bibliography indicating holdings. Some holdings are unlisted.
G. LANTERN SLIDES