Physicians and Microbiologists
The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) is accredited by the Accreditation council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education (CME) for physicians. ASM designates select actvities for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Diplomates of the American Board of Medical Microbiology, Diplomates of the American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology, and Registrants of the National Registry of Microbiologists may earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ toward re-certification.
|The American Society for Microbiology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmaceutical education.
ASM will award continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for participation in select activities and assign a Universal Program Number to each activity designated for CPE. Statements of Credit will be based on participation. ASM complies with the ACPE Criteria for Quality and Interpretive Guidelines.
Due to accreditation restrictions, all programs will not be available for Pharmacy Credit.
Other CE Licenses
You may obtain a CE Certificate of Participation summarizing the number of hours you participated in by evaluating the activities that you participate in.
California Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS)
ASM is accredited by the California Department of Health Services to offer continuing education. All sessions designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ will also qualify for California CE credit toward CLS license renewal.
Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel
ASM is accredited by the Florida Department of Health to offer continuing education. Select activities are reviewed and approved for continuing education for Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel.
Claiming CE Credit and Printing CE Certificates
Beginning in 2008, ASM centralized all continuing education activities that are eligible for continuing education credit in the ASM CE Portal. The ASM CE Portal allows individuals to:
- Print their own CE or participation certificates for activities they take part in,
- Evaluate the activities they attend,
- Browse the library of ASM CE activities available,
- Review and print a transcript of all ASM CE activities attended, and
- Participate in online learning activities.
To claim your credit and print your certificate for participating in one of ASM's meetings , conferences, teleconferences or webinars, please follow these steps:
- Visit http://estore.asm.org/loginpage.asp and create an account.
If you already have an eStore account, you may go directly to the ASM CE Portal via this link: http://ce.asm.org
- Access the ASM CE Portal (link above) and use your login and password you created at the ASM E-store.
- Select the appropriate event from your “My Activities” page after which you will be directed to enter your "Badge ID" for the activity. The Badge ID should be obtained from your printed badge or from your emailed confirmation letter.
- From the "Claim Credits" tab, you will be able to select each session attended, indicate how many credits you are requesting, and complete the evaluation for each session
- Follow the instructions to print your certificate.
Once you have claimed your credit for this activity it will be added to your transcript which can be viewed at any time by logging into the ASM CE Portal and selecting the “Transcript” button at the top right of any page in the portal..
Should you have questions or need additional information about the continuing education component of this program, please email email@example.com or you may contact Bianca Blanks by phone at 202.942.9223.
Obtaining Credits for Past Meetings
Attendees for the following General or ICAAC Meetings who require Continuing Education Credit (e.g., CME, California, or Florida CE, etc.) may access this service and generate a CE letter of certification on-line. The service will remain open to registrants until further notice.
2006: 46th ICAAC
Other meetings will be added to this list as they occur or become available.