Public Policy Page Contents
- PSAB Documents (Statements, Reports, Testimony and Monthly Newsletters)
- Clinical Microbiology Resources
- Public and Scientific Affairs Board Information
- Federal and State Government Links
- Sentinel Level Clinical Laboratory Protocols For Suspected Biological Threat Agents And Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Committee on the Status of Women in Microbiology
- Committee on Microbiological Issues Impacting Minorities
- ASM Congressional Science Fellowship
ASM Policy efforts focus on communicating the importance of the microbial science to Congress, Federal Agencies and the Public.
What's New in Public Policy?
The ASM, the Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) and Pan American Society for Clinical Virology (PASCV) ask for data and clarification on the rRT-PCR assay for the testing of Zika, dengue and chikungunya viruses.
The October issue of the Clinical Microbiology Issues Update has been published by the Office of Public Affairs.
The Office of Public Affairs has published the October issue of the e-Public Policy Update
The October issue of the Minority Microbiology Mentor has been published by the Committee on Microbiological Issues Impacting Minorities (CMIIM)
The Committee on Laboratory Practices has developed a white paper to update members on colistin resistance and testing.
The ASM Office of Public Affairs has summarized the details of the Continuing Resolution that includes funding to combat Zika.
A key role of a scientific association is to make the voices of its many individual members heard as a unified whole. Speaking on behalf of its 47,000 members worldwide, ASM has acted quickly to make the case to policy makers that we must take immediate and aggressive action against...