Sentinel Level Clinical Laboratory Protocols For Suspected Biological Threat Agents And Emerging Infectious Diseases
In coordination with the CDC and the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL), the ASM has updated protocols designed to offer Laboratory Response Network (LRN) Sentinel Level Clinical Laboratories standardized, practical methods and techniques to rule out microorganisms suspected as agents of bioterrorism, or to refer specimens to public health laboratories for confirmation.
- APHL List of State Public Health Laboratory Emergency Contacts
- Laboratory Response Network Information
- Definition of LRN Sentinel Laboratories
- Introduction, General Recommendations and Biochemical Test Procedures
- Summary and Untilization of Select Agent Forms
If you have any questions about the guidelines please contact the Office of Public Affairs.
Anthrax (Bacillus anthracis)
BT Readiness Plan (.PDF)
BT Readiness Plan (Word File)
Novel Influenza Viruses
Packing and Shipping
Plague (Yersinia pestis)
Staphylococcal Enterotoxin B
Tularemia (Francisella tularensis)