This travel grant, administered in collaboration with the Medical Mycological Society of the Americas (MMSA), supports the travel of a student medical microbiologist from Latin America, Puerto Rico or the Caribbean to participate in ASM General Meeting.
- All student presenters, from Latin America, Puerto Rico or the Caribbean, who have a Division C or F abstract in the area of medical mycology accepted to the ASM General Meeting will automatically be considered for the grant; no application is necessary.
- The awardee will be selected based on the quality of the abstract.
- The awardee will be a student medical microbiologist from Latin America, Puerto Rico or the Caribbean
- The award is open to both members and non-members of ASM and MMSA, though preference will be given to members of ASM and MMSA.
- The $1,200 award will subsidize the recipient's travel and registration to the ASM General Meeting.
- If the cost of the travel and registration is under $1,200 the remaining funds may be used to cover other expenses related to meeting attendance.
- This grant is funded by an endowment from long time ASM and MMSA member Dr. Carlyn Halde.