This travel grant, administered in collaboration with the Medical Mycological Society of the Americas (MMSA), supports the travel of a student medical microbiologist from Latin America, Puerto Rico or the Caribbean to participate in ASM Microbe.
- All student presenters, from Latin America, Puerto Rico or the Caribbean, who have an abstract in the area of medical mycology accepted to ASM Microbe will automatically be considered for the grant; no application is necessary.
- The awardee will be selected based on the quality of the abstract.
- The awardee will be a student medical microbiologist from Latin America, Puerto Rico or the Caribbean
- The award is open to both members of ASM and MMSA.
- The $1,200 award will subsidize the recipient's travel and registration to ASM Microbe.
- If the cost of the travel and registration is under $1,200 the remaining funds may be used to cover other expenses related to meeting attendance.
- This grant is funded by an endowment from long time ASM and MMSA member Dr. Carlyn Halde.