The Millis-Colwell Travel Grant for Early Career Scientists endeavors to recognize future leaders in microbiology by giving them the opportunity to present their work overseas and experience the best of microbiology.
Offered jointly by the American Society for Microbiology (ASM-USA) and the Australian Society for Microbiology (ASM-Australia) this award supports the exchange of one member from each organization to present their research at the other society's main conference. The award is named in honor of Dr. Rita Colwell (former ASM-USA president) and Dr. Nancy Millis (former ASM-Australia president).
- $5000 towards expenses associated with participation in the ASM Australia Annual Meeting
- High profile recognition during the ASM Australia Annual Meeting, ASM USA General Meeting, as well as respective websites and member publications
- An economy flight between U.S. and Australia
- Registration for the ASM Australia Annual Meeting
The successful applicant will be a
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Current member of the American Society for Microbiology
- Current PhD (or equivalent) student or recipient of a PhD within the past 5 years
Application Deadline: April 15, 2014
The application should demonstrate:
- Academic excellence of the applicant- CV
- Quality and originality of the proposed presentation- Abstract
- Depth of the applicant's research experience- Synopsis of Research
- The successful applicant will submit an abstract through the ASM-Australia Meeting website following notification of award. A copy of the abstract the applicant plans to submit must be included in the application.
- Payment of the award is conditional on the acceptance of the applicant's abstract to the ASM-Australia Meeting.
To apply, visit: http://intlgrants.asm.org