Purpose: To provide support for students/postdoctoral fellows attending the ASM Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Research Meeting.
Eligibility: To qualify for consideration the applicant must
- Be an ASM member (full, transitional, or student)
- Be the presenting author on the abstract
- Be accepted to present a poster at the ASM Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Research Meeting
- Be an undergraduate/predoctoral or postdoctoral student; and
- Submit a letter of nomination from a faculty member or department head on official letterhead. The letter must state that the student is expected to be active in the training or degree program at the time of the meeting. If the student will complete their terminal degree or training between the date of submission and the meeting, the letter must indicate the expected date of completion. The abstract control number must be included in the body of the letter.
Please visit www.asmbiodefense.org for up-to-date application information.
Selection Criteria: Awardees are selected based on
- The scientific quality of the abstract
- The applicant has not received a similar travel grant in the last two years
- Only one travel grant per laboratory
- The applicant must comply with all of the eligibility requirements listed above.
Award: Each Student/Postdoctoral Travel Grant Award is $500.00, unrestricted in use, for attending the ASM Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Research Meeting to present a poster. The Biodefense Program Committee selects the awardees.
Withdrawal/Cancellations: Funds will be distributed at the meeting. If a grant recipient cannot present the accepted poster, the recipient MUST notify ASM as soon as possible. The grant money will be rescinded and awarded to an alternate.