Recognizes an early career investigator with distinguished basic research achievements in the microbial sciences.
EligibilityThe nominee must be an early career investigator, which is defined as one who is within ten years of their terminal degree (NIH time period). The nominee must demonstrate outstanding accomplishment in basic microbiological research. The nominee should be actively engaged in research at the time that the nomination is made. The nomination can be based on a single exceptionally significant achievement or the aggregate of a number of exemplary achievements.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than one nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only one nominator and two references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the three participants in a nomination (nominator and two references), only one can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
Nominations must consist of the following:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, emailed to email@example.com
- Nominations are closed for the 2020 ASM Awards
ASM awards are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.