Recognizes outstanding contributions through service to the microbiological community.
EligibilityThe nominee should have demonstrated a commitment to furthering the goals of the ASM and the ability to inspire commitment from others that have yielded significant contributions to the membership of ASM and its various audiences. The nominee must be an ASM member in good standing who has served in a volunteer capacity for ASM at the national level (e.g., as a member of committees or editorial boards or as a workshop leader) for multiple years, and has not held office as ASM President, Secretary, Treasurer, or Chair of a CPC Board or the American Academy of Microbiology.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than one nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only one nominator and two references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the three participants in a nomination (nominator and two references), only one can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
Nominations must consist of the following:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations are closed for the 2020 ASM Awards
ASM awards are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.