Recognizes an educator for outstanding teaching of microbiology to undergraduate students and for encouraging them to subsequent achievement.
EligibilityThe nominee must be currently teaching microbiology in a recognized college or university, with a substantial portion of his or her time during the past five years devoted to teaching undergraduate students in microbiology, and a minimum of ten years total teaching experience. The nominee may have engaged in research or other concerns, provided that teaching undergraduates remained a substantial activity. International educators are also eligible.
- Nominations will be considered without updating for 3 years.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- More than one nomination per nominee will not be accepted.
- Only one nominator and two references are accepted per nomination.
- Of the three participants in a nomination (nominator and two references), only one can be from the same employment unit (e.g., department, institute, center, company) as the nominee.
- Please note: the references are not required to submit statements; they will only be contacted if the committee requires more information regarding the nomination.
Nominations must consist of the following:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations are closed for the 2020 ASM Awards
ASM awards are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.