Become a Young Ambassador
Further your science and career with ASM! ASM Young Ambassadors are dynamic early-career leaders, who represent ASM in their local scientific communities, facilitating networking, professional development, and collaboration to strengthen science globally. This prestigious volunteer position is open to students and early career scientists who are interested in working with ASM.
Interested candidates will have a desire to:
- Work with the other ASM Young Ambassadors of Science around the globe to promote and advance the microbial sciences (and gain great friends too)!
- Promote networking and collaboration within your local science community.
- Advance collaboration between ASM and local universities.
- Address the needs of young scientists utilizing ASM resources.
- Instill a passion for science in the next generation.
- Be an official ASM representative.
To qualify you must:
- Have current ASM membership. Join or renew at www.asm.org
- Currently be enrolled as a student or PhD candidate, or have earned a PhD within the past 5 years.
- Have demonstrated leadership in your scientific or academic community.
Submit your application to http://intlgrants.asm.org.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- ASM Member Number.
- ASM and non-ASM meetings regularly attended.
- Area of scientific interest.
- Membership in national, regional, and international scientific societies.
- Cover letter explaining the member's interest in becoming a Young Ambassador and highlighting relevant skills, education, or experience.
- Action plan with their proposed activities in the Young Ambassador role.
- Letter of recommendation from an ASM member.