Working in partnership with the Board of Directors, the CEO and staff, COMS keeps a pulse on new developments in microbial sciences and helps develop innovative ways to move the field and ASM forward. COMS supports ASM by:
- Setting priorities for the Society.
- Identifying upcoming opportunities in the microbial sciences.
- Identifying scientific trends to ensure effective programs and activities.
The COMS MembersLed by a Chair and Vice Chair elected by COMS members, every part of ASM is represented on COMS:
- 10 At-Large Councilors elected by the ASM membership.
- 35 Councilors selected by the ASM Branches.
- 27 Councilors selected by ASM Divisions.
- 8 additional Division Councilors.
- 8 Program Committee Chairs.
- 7 nonvoting members: 5 ASM officers, the ASM CEO and the Governors of the Academy Chair.
ASM Conference Grant Program - Now Accepting Applications!
Peggy Cotter Travel Awards Early Career Branch Members