The 2019 winter/spring series has concluded. Information about 2020 offerings will be available fall 2019.
New to writing manuscripts for scientific journals? Reviewing a manuscript for the first time? Looking for fresh insights? ASM’s Scientific Writing and Publishing Online Series equips you with the skills you need to publish in top tier scientific journals. Learn from seasoned scientists who frequently publish and review in ASM journals.
Participants learn to:
- Craft a provoking title and abstract.
- Develop informative and clear figures and tables.
- Select an appropriate journal to publish your research.
- Avoid common mistakes in the submission process.
- Evaluate journal articles from a reviewer's perspective.
To be eligible you must be:
- Interested in learning about the scientific writing and publishing process.
- Willing to commit time and resources to participate in course activities.
Registration for the 2019 series is closed. Registration for the 2020 course will in the fall.
2019 Topics included:
- Titles and abstracts
- Figures and figure legends
- Results and methods
- Reviewing manuscripts