Build Your Schedule
If you started building your schedule in the Itinerary Planner, you can sync it to the mobile app upon login.
Create a Meeting
Schedule one-on-one meetings with new and old friends using our new Let's Meet feature. You will receive an email inviting you to log in and set up your profile. The platform will recommend people to meet based on your interests, will enable you to search for the people you want to meet, and set up one-on-one appointments. The more robust your profile, the better connections you'll make, so we encourage you to set up your profile and start connecting!
You may also reserve a room for informal group meetings to connect and engage with peers.
BART, the Bay Area Rapid Transit, runs downtown from the San Francisco International Airport and the Oakland International Airport. You can pre-purchase a BART voucher and pick up your ticket at the airport. View the hotel map to see which BART station is closest to your hotel. Powell Station is closest to the Moscone Center.
SuperShuttle offers service from the San Francisco International Airport to hotels for $17 one way. Make an online reservation or call 1-800-637-5196.
Getting to the Moscone Center from hotels
ASM offers complimentary shuttle service between the Moscone Center and official hotels that are not within walking distance. Shuttle service will begin on Thursday, June 20, and continue through Monday, June 24.
General Safety Tips
- Carry your wallet in the inside front pocket of your pants or your jacket. Carry shoulder bags or other hand-bags under your arm, not by the handle. In a restaurant, keep your purse in your lap, not over the back of the chair.
- Be alert, particulary in crowded situations. Staged distractions are a favorite ploy of pickpockets.
- Keep your eyes up, your ears open, and your phone down on city streets and on public transportation.
- Upon leaving the convention center, be sure to remove your attendee badge.
- Plan your route in advance. Consult maps before leaving your hotel.
Explore the Exhibit and Poster Hall
Get to know the Exhibitors.
ASM Microbe 2019 will have over 250 companies presenting their latest products from across the microbial sciences. Visit the Exhibitor Directory to learn more about the companies prior to arriving in San Francisco.
Mark your calendar to attend this year's Industry & Science Events.
This year, ASM Microbe's Industry & Science Events program will host over 50 presentations on the latest technologies revolutionizing the field. Presentations will kick-off on Thursday with seven FREE Industry & Science Workshops and continue throughout the meeting in a variety of formats.
- Industry & Science Workshops
- Industry & Science Showcases
- Industry & Science Tech Talks
- Industry & Science Evening Events
New! Visit the Innovation Zone to learn about the field's latest technologies.
The Innovation Zone is your opportunity to get a glimpse into the future. This all new area of the Exhibit Hall will showcase several of the field's up-and-coming companies as well as over 25 Industry & Science Tech Talks covering the latest products in the market.
New! Take your career to the next level in the Career Zone.
Visit the Career Zone in the Exhibit and Poster Hall to explore career options, learn about ASM's global and local programs, and tips for directing a clinical lab.
Manage Your CE
If you will be claiming Continuing Medical Education (AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™) for ASM Microbe, an administrative fee of $50.00 is required at the time of registration. This fee is applicable ONLY to CME credits and no other forms of continuing education credits offered by ASM (e.g., P.A.C.E.®).
Attendees of ASM Microbe 2019 will be able to claim the following types of credit:
- Continuing Medical Education – AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- ACPE Pharmacy credits to be claimed within 60 days of the presentation – by August 6, 2019
- P.A.C.E.® (Effective 2016, all ASM P.A.C.E.® accredited meeting activities must be claimed within 30 days of the presentation—by July 24, 2019)
- ASM Microbe 2019 P.A.C.E® credit will be offered at the session level
- California Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Certificate of Participation
No matter what type of presentation you will be giving at ASM Microbe 2019, we've got the tools you need to prepare.
Please note that the items listed in the checklists here are only strongly recommended elements of your poster, but not required of poster presentations.
View our Poster Presenter Guidelines to help you prepare for your presentation. Download your Poster Presenter Checklist. Find your poster location.
Oral Abstract Presenters
Download your Oral Abstract Checklist.
Poster Talk Presenters
Download your Poster Talk Checklist.
Rapid Fire Presenters
Download your Rapid Fire Checklist.
Need an official Letter of Invitation? Download it here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.