Exhibits Operations Specialist (Full-Time Position)The American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington DC, is seeking an Exhibits Operations Specialist in the Meetings Department. Incumbent will provide strategic leadership for ASM exhibits operations, with a focus on floor plan design, exhibit and poster hall management and exhibitor customer support. The specialist will be a key contributor to the strategic vision for ASM Exhibits, implementing industry trends and best practices to increase exhibitor ROI and improve the exhibitor and attendee experience. Responsible for managing exhibit and poster hall operations on citywide meetings, including managing pre-planning and on-site operations, collaborating with the exhibits sales team to design the floor plan, establishing and maintaining exhibitor relationships , and working with internal stakeholders to develop exhibit hall activities.
• 4-year college degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in exhibits management (80,000+ net square feet hall)
• Scientific meeting with poster hall experience preferred
• CEM designation preferred
• Experience with exhibit management software
• Budget development and management experience
• Demonstrated success in producing innovative tradeshows
• Ability to effectively problem-solve anticipated and immediate challenges
• Detail oriented and possess independent and discretionary judgment
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Travel required (10%)
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. EOE.