Professional and Career Development SpecialistThe American Society for Microbiology (ASM), headquartered in Washington, DC, is seeking a full-time Professional and Career Development Specialist. ASM represents one of science’s most exciting fields with the benefit of also being one of the oldest and prestigious professional society’s in the life sciences. This HR team member will develop, prepare, and facilitate onboarding and training and development programs for all employees, facilitate and support a continuous performance management and feedback process, conduct and analyze data from the annual employee engagement survey and support the HR Director on all strategic and tactical organizational and staff development. ASM is looking for someone who would like to be a member of an HR team for an organization that aspires to be a great place to work, and that is evolving into a culture and environment that supports and rewards collaboration, innovation, risk taking and accountability. ASM is seeking an individual that "walks the talk" of organizational values which ultimately provides the foundation for organizational and professional success.
If you are eager for an opportunity to influence and are willing and able to "roll up your sleeves," we invite you to apply for this dynamic opportunity today.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in organizational development, human resources, psychology or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of progressive work experience in professional/career/training development and assessment.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into organization and staff professional and career development planning.
- Prior experience conducting professional development needs analysis.
- Ability to understand the strategic vision while aligning and balancing the organizational priorities and day-to-day activities.
- Knowledgeable and understanding of adult learning theories and principles.
- Online, e-learning and distance learning knowledge.
- Extremely well-honed active listening skills.
- Demonstrates effective self-awareness for the goal of modeling organizational values and behaviors.
- Superior collaboration and relationship building skills and ability to work across the organization.
- Ability to foster and promote a positive work culture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint Organizational change management planning experience, a plus.
- Experience delivering and working with Covey management principles and concepts, a plus.
- Experience with learning management systems--experience with Halogen/SABA, a plus.
- Knowledgeable and understanding of succession planning tactics, a plus.
- Application and usage of monitoring and evaluation techniques, a plus.
- Engaging and effective consulting and facilitation skills, a plus.
- Experience in budget development and oversight, a plus.