||The Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Young Investigator Award honors outstanding applied research in clinical microbiology or antimicrobial therapy and is intended to further the educational and career goals of a promising young scientist.
||Nominees who are conducting outstanding research in clinical microbiology, automation in clinical laboratories, development of novel antimicrobial agents, mechanisms of action of antimicrobial agents or mechanisms of resistance to antimicrobial agents. Nominees must be no more than five years beyond completion of postdoctoral research training in clinical microbiology, clinical immunology, or infectious diseases at the time of the nomination deadline.
||A cash prize of $2,000, commemorative piece, and travel (up to $2,000) to the ASM General Meeting. The award laureate and nominator are honored guests at the ASM awards banquet.
||All nomination materials must be submitted electronically.
Nominations must be received by October 1. Self-nominations will not be accepted. Nominations will be considered for three years, so long as the nominee continues to meet the eligibility criteria. Nominations must consist of the following:
- Letter of Nomination. Describe the nominee's outstanding clinical research and potential.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, abstracts, and manuscripts in preparation.
- Statement. From the nominee describing how educational and/or research objectives will be enhanced by the award.
- Letters of support. Two letters of support must come from persons, other than the nominator, who are familiar with the nominee's qualifications and accomplishments.
||How to Submit Nominations
Nomination materials will not be returned.
- Email the letter of nomination.
- Email nominee's CV.
- Ask nominee to email statement.
- Ask two supporters to email their letters.
- Email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.