Public Health Division Y List-Serv
What is the ASM Division Y (Public Health) List-serv?
The purpose of this list-serv is to communicate with the ASM Division Y membership on issues ranging from Division business to topics of microbiological or public health interest. Members are encouraged to discuss topics of general public health concern or use the forum as way to communicate with other division members about Division Y or Division Y relevant activities. The list-serv will target ASM Division Y - Public Health members, public health professionals including clinical, food, and environmental microbiologists, and students interested in careers in public health.
This list-serv is an un-moderated list where any message sent to the list server will be automatically forwarded to all list members. Members who fail to follow the rules of conduct (below) will be removed from the list.
Rules of Conduct
1. All postings must be signed with the subscriber's name and E-Mail address. If the posting is an announcement, include contact information such as phone, fax, and E-Mail addresses.
2. Subscribers must be willing to make their names known. Subscribers will not be allowed to conceal their names from being seen on the list, and may not post anonymous messages.
3. Postings to the group should contain questions, comments, or information that is relevant to the group topic and of interest to the entire group. If you disagree with the opinions and information presented by others, please do not challenge or attack these people by "flaming." If you have a differing opinion, please support your opinion or comments and use them to express yourself in a professional manner. Subscribers learn and benefit from qualified responses to situations and questions.
4. Keep message contents limited to professional topics. Many people pay for their E-mail services on a per message basis. Filling their mailboxes with electronic "junk mail" is not considered polite.
5. Avoid shouting (writing messages in all upper-case letters is considered shouting on the internet).
6. Do not use this list for advertising. Discussion lists are not the place for this activity. It is, however, perfectly reasonable to post a message to the list inquiring about sources for materials or services you require.
7. Violations of these rules will result in warning, and then removal of list privileges for the offending individual. As the list evolves, these rules may require modification. By applying for list membership, you agree to abide by the current rules and any future modifications the list membership deems appropriate. Questions, complaints, and protests should be sent directly to Brian Sauders (email@example.com), or to Peter Baum (firstname.lastname@example.org) at ASM.
Joining the Discussion Group
To subscribe to the list, send an email message to the following address:
Place the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in the first line of the text field. Leave the subject line blank.
Member Control Panel
The Member Control Panel is accessible through the Web link placed at the bottom of each message from the list. Use the control panel to unsubscribe from the list, change your email address, view archived messages, or update your personal profile. Be sure to log out when you are finished with the control panel.
For additional information, see the Help message in the Member Control Panel.
Sending Messages to the Group
Group members can send E-mail messages to everyone in the group by addressing E-mail messages to:
For more information
Please send e-mail to email@example.com.