Poster presenters must register for the meeting, as well as make their own hotel and air travel arrangements.
As ASM’s preferred poster printing partner, Call4Posters™ allows you to create high-quality posters from a selection of free PowerPoint templates, or to upload your completed poster as a PowerPoint or PDF file online. Posters are then printed and shipped directly to the meeting for a small shipping and onsite delivery fee. Save time, money and have the peace of mind knowing your poster is 100% guaranteed. If for any reason your poster arrives damaged or is missing, it is guaranteed that another poster will be printed and delivered to you the next business day (same day delivery in most cities) or you will receive a full refund. More information on this service will be available soon.
Include your poster in iPosters, the meeting's FREE Virtual Poster Hall. Registered attendees have access to view iPosters on-site and for up to one year after the meeting. All posters are fully searchable and contain all of the text, charts, and graphs just as they were presented. iPosters fosters the open exchange of science between colleagues and allows you to view posters on-site and email your colleagues with follow-up questions regarding their research. To include your poster in iPosters, email your poster file directly to email@example.com.
- Posters should be no larger than 8ft. (L) x 4ft. (H).
- The presentation number and day assigned to your poster must be placed in the upper left corner of the poster.
- Include author names and the institution where the work was completed, in large letters centered at the top of the poster. Place your institution, phone number and email address in the upper right-hand corner. Please note that the size of the meeting and the number of presentations do not allow poster presenters to make special requests for date or time of the presentation.
- It is suggested that you place a reproduction of the abstract in the upper left side of the poster, and use the headings ”Introduction”, “Methods”, “Results” and “Conclusions” to identify your poster layout
- Commercial, product, and company logos must NOT be placed on posters or poster boards. However, institutional logos are permitted. Be sure to communicate this if the poster is being prepared for you by someone else.
Exhibit and Poster Hall Hours
Posters will be displayed in the Poster Hall in the New Orleans Convention Center, Exhibit and Poster Hall during the following times:
Friday, June 2, 2017 | 12:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 3, 2017 | 11:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 4, 2017 | 11:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Posters must remain on display for the full day scheduled. As a presenter, you must be in attendance to answer questions about your abstract during your scheduled session presentation date and time.
Poster Viewing Hours
Friday, June 2, 2017 | 12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 3, 2017 | 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Sunday, June 4, 2017 | 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Posters must be displayed on your assigned date only and should remain on the board until the end of the day.
At least one author must be available for presentation/discussion at the designated presentation time (refer to your acceptance letter), for a minimum of 2 hours.
Friday, June 2, 2017 | 12:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Saturday, June 3, 2017 | 12:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Sunday, June 4, 2017 | 12:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Poster Support will be located outside the entrance to the Exhibit and Poster Hall, Hall D.
Friday, June 2, 2017 | 7:00 a.m.– 8:30 a.m.; 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 3, 2017 | 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.; 10:30 a.m. – 7:45 p.m.
Sunday, June 4, 2017 | 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.; 11:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Posters should be mounted on the assigned poster board between one hour before the opening of the Exhibit and Poser Hall on the scheduled day of your presentation. Posters remain on the boards for the full day assigned.
Please bring your notification letter to gain entrance to the Exhibit and Poster Hall, to mount or dismantle your poster (when the hall is closed to general attendees).
- Thumb Tacks/Push Pins: Will be available for all Poster Presenters outside of the hall, at Poster Assistance.
- ONE PERSON: May accompany you to mount your poster
Friday, June 2, 2017 | 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 3, 2017 | 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Sunday, June 4, 2017 | 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Complimentary poster storage is available for posters and poster containers only that will be located in outside of the Exhibit and Poster Hall. Please be sure that your poster and/or poster container is clearly marked with your name for you may leave it in storage at your own risk.
Location: Outside the Exhibit and Poster Hall
Procedure: Make sure you poster and/or poster container is clearly marked with your name
Storage: At Your Own risk
Posters must be dismantled on the day of your presentation between the following hours:
Friday, June 2, 2017 | 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 3, 2017 | 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, June 4, 2017 | 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Posters remaining on the boards after this time will be discarded.
Tips for Preparation
- Posters should stimulate discussion; do not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics, and make sure everything in your poster is necessary.
- Utilize handouts to supplement your poster.
- Materials must be easily read at a distance of 4ft. Ordinary type or carelessly prepared handwritten copy is unacceptable. As a rule of thumb, use a font size of at least 14 point and double space.
- When choosing a background, remember that neutral or gray colors will be easier on the eyes than a bright color. In addition, color photos look best when mounted on gray.
- View the webinar below for tips on developing an effective poster.
Please be advised that it is ASM’s policy that, while presenters are allowed to communicate with the press, their discussions may not be published until after the day and time of the actual presentation. Similarly, details of an invited presentation may not be part of an industry-sponsored symposium or other scientific event, unless scheduled after the day and time of the official ASM Microbe presentation. Policy is in effect until June, 5, 2017.