International student chapters promote the mission of ASM by offering educational and professional development resources and opportunities to students interested in microbiology and the related sciences. The vision of this program is to foster a new generation of leaders committed to science-based discoveries, as well as to create a global environment that thrives on novel science exchange by crossing traditional political borders in pursuit of shared scientific development.
- Build relationships with university students
- Hold chapter meetings for all members
- Plan events and activities to benefit chapter members and the community
- Promote and explain the benefits of ASM membership
- Build relationships with local/national/regional societies
- Network with students, faculty, industry, and non-profit organizations
- Improve your presentation skills
- Develop your leadership skills
- Collaborate with peers, domestically and internationally
- Contribute to local communities and support science through primary and secondary school engagement
- Gain mentors outside of academic institutions
- Have demonstrated leadership in their scientific or academic community
- Affiliated with an academic university
- Preferable is an undergraduate or graduate student, or postdoctoral student
Applications should be submitted to ASM International Affairs via the International Online Application.
Applications must include:
- Education level
- Letters of Approvals from Faculty Advisor and ASM Young Ambassador
- Letter of Intent
- List of Executive Board Officers
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding International Student Chapters.