Recognizes a Diplomate of the American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM) or the American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology (ABMLI) for outstanding contributions to the professional recognition of certified microbiologists and/or immunologists and the work they do.
The top candidate for this award would contribute in many or all of the following criteria and the nominators should clearly describe how the candidate:
- Conducts or participates in local, regional, national, or international efforts to actively promote the profession of medical microbiology or immunology through public service, organizational skills, and other contributions.
- Works through mentoring and other activities to encourage students to choose medical microbiology or immunology as a career.
- Serves actively on non-ASM committee's or workgroups (i.e. CLIA, CLSI, CAP, ASCP, JCAHO, CMS, CDC, WHO, FBI groups, FDA panels, etc.) that directly impact medical microbiology or immunology.
- Publishes textbooks, review articles, or journals articles of an applied nature that assists laboratorians in their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Actively promotes interaction and communication among colleagues.
- Frequently presents invited lectures dealing with medical microbiology or immunology topics.
- Participates in activities that encourage laboratorians to become certified or that encourages professional achievement.
- Leads a major initiative or negotiation that impacted the profession.
- Enjoys a compelling career and personal achievements that are noteworthy and that bring credit to themselves, the ABMM/ABMLI, and to the profession.
May 1st, 2016.
Nominations will be considered without updating for three years. Self-nominations and more than one nomination per nominee will not be accepted. Only one nominating form and two supporting forms are accepted per nomination. The two supporters must be persons other than the nominator who are familiar with the nominee's qualifications and accomplishments. Only one of the three individuals involved in the nomination may be employed at the nominee's institution. The nominator and supporters must not share employers. Nominations must consist of the following:
Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASM awards are granted at the discretion of award selection committees and may not be awarded every year.