The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) is looking for a full-time education coordinator for our Education division. Based in Washington, DC, ASM is part of one of science’s most exciting fields. The Education Coordinator will be the support person for the department’s online professional development courses, virtual learning communities and ASMCUE. Responsibilities include but not limited to: working with subject matter experts to deliver the courses; activities include confirming speakers and participant arrangements; managing practices, check-ins, live programs, and post-production recordings; producing support materials; and monitoring participant follow-up assignments. Incumbent manages the virtual learning communities associated with the courses facilitating engagement and enhanced learning.
If you are ready for a real challenge and to make a difference, apply for this unique position today.
- College degree
- 3-5 years of experience sponsoring online courses and learning communities
- Highly proficient with technologies and platforms to support education, training and communications. Extensive experience authoring and posting content to the Internet (WordPress, Joomla, Camtasia or similar). Extensive experience setting up, supporting and delivering online webinars or meetings (Adobe, Skype for Business or similar).
- Understanding of effective practices in learning communities, adult learning and curriculum design for e-learning.
- Experience working within the science, engineering or medical community; experience working with volunteers to achieve common goals
- Highly organized. Ability to prioritize, multi-task, follow-through, and meet deadlines.
- Critical thinker and writer. Ability to write de nova content for public understanding
- Team player, ability to communicate well and work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Understanding of learning management systems or association management systems, a plus
- Travel requird
Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to: ASM, Attn: HR, 1752 N Street NW, Washington, DC 20036 or email to HR@asmusa.org. Equal Opportunity Employer