The American Society for Microbiology has published the first issue of its new online-only, open access journal,Genome Announcements™, focusing exclusively on reports of microbial genome sequences.
- Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy®
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology®
- Clinical and Vaccine Immunology®
- Clinical Microbiology Reviews®
- Eukaryotic Cell®
- Genome Announcements™
- Infection and Immunity®
- Journal of Bacteriology®
- Journal of Clinical Microbiology®
- Journal of Virology®
- Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews®
- Molecular and Cellular Biology®
- Minireview Collection of all Journals
The mission of the ASM Journals program is to advance the microbiological sciences through the pursuit of scientific knowledge and dissemination of the results of fundamental and applied research. Edited by working scientists who are drawn from eminent institutions around the world, ASM Journals have delivered excellence and value for over 90 years. Known for their quality, rigor, and fairness, ASM Journals continue to provide current, influential coverage of basic and clinical microbial research.
ASM is pleased to announce the launch of Genome AnnouncementsTM, a new online-only, fully open access journal. This title publishes brief reports of microbial genome sequences that have been deposited in GenBank® and other publicly available databases. The journal's full scope is detailed in the Instructions to Authors. Genome Announcements will be posted online on a continuous basis and will be collected as bimonthly issues throughout the year. Articles published in Genome Announcements fully meet the open-access requirements of funding agencies such as the NIH and Wellcome Trust.
In 2010, the Society launched its first open-access journal, mBio® , which seeks to publish the best and most important science across all areas of microbiology. mBio offers rapid review and publication of microbial research, and is designed to provide immediate access to high-impact, cutting-edge science. The journal publishes new articles weekly, and is indexed in MEDLINE® and 30+ indexing services. In 2012, mBio received its initial Impact Factor of 5.311.
Thomson Reuters reports the following data on ASM’s journals in its most recent Journal Citation Reports®:
- ASM journals publish over 23% of all Microbiology articles, while accounting for over 35% of all Microbiology citations
- ASM publishes 3 journals in the Top 20 of Microbiology ranked by Impact Factor
- ASM journals publish the 4 highest cited journals in Microbiology
- ASM journals publish the #1 journal ranked by Eigenfactor® in 2 fields
- ASM has the top cited journal in 5 categories
- ASM’s Journal of Virology accounts for over one third of all Virology citations
Articles published in the ASM journals receive international media attention and have been featured in the New York Times, Science Magazine, Los Angeles Times, CNN, National Public Radio (NPR), CNBC, and dozens of other media outlets.
CopyRight Clearance Center's Rightslink® service now permits users to place commercial reprint orders quickly and conveniently.