ASM Best Poster Prizes are awarded to early career scientists at meetings and conferences all over the world. Recent winners include:
XXXII National Student Conference at Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, March 31 - April 3, 2015
- ASM Best Presentation Prize: Alexandra Brunner
French Society for Microbiology (SFM) 11th Congress, March 24-25, 2015
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Cynthia Helou
Belgian Society for Microbiology Meeting on "Cell Signaling in Host-Microbe Interactions," November 18, 2014
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Elodie Tenconi, University of Liège, for her Poster "Prodiginines, secondary metabolites associated with the programmed cell death of Streptomyces coelicolor"
23rd Annual Research Conference and Workshop, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies, Mona, November 2-7, 2014
ASM Best Poster Prizes:
- 1st Place: Alrica Bruce-Mowatt, Senior Medical Technologist, Department of Microbiology, UWI, Mona
- 2nd Place: Rhea Goffe, Medical Microbiology Student, Department of Microbiology, UWI, Mona
- 3rd Place: Kereann Nelson, Medical Microbiology Student, Department of Microbiology, UWI, Mona
International Workshop on Trends in Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology, Yerevan State University, October 5-8, 2014
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Harutyun Sargsyan, Yerevan State University
48th Joint Scientific Meeting (MYK) of the German Mycological Society and the Austrian Society for Medical Mycology, September 4-6, 2014 in Salzburg, Austria.
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Dr. Joerg Steinmann, Institute of Medical Microbiology, University Hospital Essen
Canadian Society of Microbiologists (CSM) Annual Meeting, July 27 - August 1, 2014
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Laam Li, McGill University
X Annual Meeting of the Argentinean Society for General Microbiology (SAMIGE), July 2-4, 2014
- ASM Best Oral Presentation Prize: Guido Fier, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, for his presentation "Electricity production in aquatic beds with electro-active bacteria"
43rd PSM Annual Convention and Scientific Meeting, Raddison Blu Hotel, Cebu City, May 15-16, 2014
- ASM Best Convention Theme-related Poster Award: Charose T. Perez, Irene G. Pajares, Virgie A. Alcantara and Jessica F. Simbahan, Graduate School, National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (BIOTECH), UPLB, College, Laguna, Philippines
XIV Conference of the Argentina Society of Infectious Diseases (SADI), Metropolitano Convention Center in Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina, May 29-31, 2014
- ASM Best Oral Communication Prize: Maribel Martinez Wassaf, Responsable del Área de Virología y Biología Molecular, LACE Laboratorios S.A.