ASM Best Poster Prizes are awarded to early career scientists at meetings and conferences all over the world. Recent winners include:
Genomics and Evolution Symposium, Mexico, August 24-26, 2015
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Olga Maria Perez Carrascal, National Autonomous University of Mexico, for her poster "Coexistence of rhizobium species sharing the symbiotic plasmid in a single agriculture field of common bean"
XI Annual Meeting of the Argentinean Society for General Microbiology (SAMIGE), Augist 5-7, 2015
- ASM Best Oral Communication Prize: Romina Alin Tobares, CIQUIBIC-CONICET, Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina, for her presentation "A long-term experimental evolution study by comparative genomics: modulation of cdi-GMP has a key role in Pseudomonas aeruginosa adaptation to bimodal switching between biofilm and planktonic states"
17th International Congress of the Hungarian Society for Microbiology (MMT), July 8-10, 2015
- ASM Best Poster Prize Winner: Murányi Gábor, Department of ígenetics, Agricultural Biotechnology Institute, National Agricultural Research and Innovation Centre, Gödöllő, Hungary
- Poster: Excision and Conjugal Transfer of a Genomic Istland: Investigation of SGI1-encoded ORFS of Unknown Functios
- ASM Best Presentation Prize: Iva Podgorski, Institute of Veterinary Medical Research, Centrum for Agricultural Research of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
- Presentation: Taxonomy proposal for old world monkey adenoviruses-existence of several non-human, non-ape primate adenovirus lineages
25th Congress of the Spanish Society of Microbiology, July 7-10, 2015
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Oihane Irazoki, Molecular Microbiology of the Genetics and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biosciences of the Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain, for her poster "Swarming movement: How SOS system controls bacterial motility"
Hungarian Association for Microbiology National Meeting at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, April 30, 2015
- ASM Best Publication Prize: Nagy Csaba István
6th MikroBioKosmos Conference, Athens, Greece, April 3-5, 2015
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Nikos Grivokostopoulos, Agricultural University of Athens, for his poster "Habituation of Salmonella on/in leafy vegetables induces different response towards subsequent lethal acid challenge"
XXXII National Student Scientific Circle Symposiums in Hungary:
Semmelweis University, March 31 - April 3, 2015
- ASM Best Presentation Prize: Alexandra Brunner
Pécs University of Sciences, April 8-10, 2015
- ASM Best Presentation Prize: Ádám Adonyi
Pannon University, April 9-11, 2015
- ASM Best Presentation Prize: Máté Lóka and Bálint Lóránd
French Society for Microbiology (SFM) 11th Congress, March 24-25, 2015
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Cynthia Helou
Belgian Society for Microbiology Meeting on "Cell Signaling in Host-Microbe Interactions," November 18, 2014
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Elodie Tenconi, University of Liège, for her Poster "Prodiginines, secondary metabolites associated with the programmed cell death of Streptomyces coelicolor"
23rd Annual Research Conference and Workshop, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies, Mona, November 2-7, 2014
ASM Best Poster Prizes:
- 1st Place: Alrica Bruce-Mowatt, Senior Medical Technologist, Department of Microbiology, UWI, Mona
- 2nd Place: Rhea Goffe, Medical Microbiology Student, Department of Microbiology, UWI, Mona
- 3rd Place: Kereann Nelson, Medical Microbiology Student, Department of Microbiology, UWI, Mona
International Workshop on Trends in Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology, Yerevan State University, October 5-8, 2014
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Harutyun Sargsyan, Yerevan State University
48th Joint Scientific Meeting (MYK) of the German Mycological Society and the Austrian Society for Medical Mycology, September 4-6, 2014 in Salzburg, Austria.
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Dr. Joerg Steinmann, Institute of Medical Microbiology, University Hospital Essen
Canadian Society of Microbiologists (CSM) Annual Meeting, July 27 - August 1, 2014
- ASM Best Poster Prize: Laam Li, McGill University
X Annual Meeting of the Argentinean Society for General Microbiology (SAMIGE), July 2-4, 2014
- ASM Best Oral Presentation Prize: Guido Fier, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, for his presentation "Electricity production in aquatic beds with electro-active bacteria"
43rd PSM Annual Convention and Scientific Meeting, Raddison Blu Hotel, Cebu City, May 15-16, 2014
- ASM Best Convention Theme-related Poster Award: Charose T. Perez, Irene G. Pajares, Virgie A. Alcantara and Jessica F. Simbahan, Graduate School, National Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (BIOTECH), UPLB, College, Laguna, Philippines
XIV Conference of the Argentina Society of Infectious Diseases (SADI), Metropolitano Convention Center in Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina, May 29-31, 2014
- ASM Best Oral Communication Prize: Maribel Martinez Wassaf, Responsable del Área de Virología y Biología Molecular, LACE Laboratorios S.A.