ASM Young Ambassadors are dynamic young leaders, who represent ASM in their home country, facilitating networking, professional development, and collaboration to strengthen science globally. ASM Young Ambassadors mobilize the next generation of scientists to develop innovative approaches to meet the Grand Challenges in Science.
- Engage other young/early career scientists:
- Promote networking and collaboration locally and globally
- Leverage ASM resources to meet the needs of young microbiologists
- Develop novel approaches to advancing the careers and science of your peers
- Raise awareness of the benefits of ASM membership to students and young professionals worldwide
- Advance ASM's mission of knowledge sharing for the advancement of science, and the improvement of the world we share!
- Prestige of being an official ASM representative
- Opportunity to network with scientific leaders worldwide
- Contribution to advancing microbiology to meet Grand Challenges
- Have current ASM membership
- Are in the process of obtaining or have obtained an advanced academic degree, within the past five years and are working in any of the microbiology disciplines
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience using social media
- Have demonstrated leadership in their scientific or academic community
- Applications should be submitted to ASM International Affairs via the International Online Applications website, https://intlgrants.asm.org
- Applications must include: curriculum vitae; ASM Member Number; ASM and non-ASM meetings regularly attended; area of scientific interest; membership in national, regional, and international scientific societies; a cover letter explaining the member's interest in becoming a Young Ambassador and highlighting relevant skills, education, or experience; and an action plan with their proposed activities in the Young Ambassador Role
- Young Ambassadors are elected for an initial 1-year followed by a formal review and opportunity to extend for an additional 2 years
For more information on the ASM Young Ambassador Program, please send us an e-mail at YoungAmbassador@asmusa.org and visit us on facebook.