Step One: Login
Step Two: Submission
Step Three: Affirmations
Step Four: Title
Step Five: Primary Author
Step Six: Co-Authors
Step Seven: Keywords
Step Eight: Abstract Text
Step Nine: Travel Awards
Step Ten: Review Your Work
Please use your ASM Single Sign On (SSO) login credentials. If you forgot your username/password or to confirm that you have a Single Sign On (SSO) account, press the "Password Reminder" link on the homepage of the submission site. If you do not have an ASM Single Sign On account, you may create one by following the link on the homepage of the submission site.
Click the "New Submission" button to begin the submission process.
In order to proceed with the abstract submission, your agreements with the following statements are required.
- All authors are aware that their names appear on this abstract.
- I understand that if this abstract is withdrawn after March 23, 2017, one of the authors does not appear to present an accepted abstract, or a change in the presenting author is not communicated to ASM, a penalty may be incurred prohibiting the presenting author from presenting papers at ASM-sponsored meetings for a period of up to three years.
- I understand that if this abstract is accepted, ASM will own the rights to any electronic or print compilation of conference abstracts, as outlined in ASM’s copyright policy.
Please use a short and concise title that indicates the content of the abstract. Titles will be reformatted automatically so that all words are capitalized. The title submitted must be the title on your poster.
Please do not place a period at the end of your title or hard returns. Trade names are not permitted in abstract titles.
Click the "Continue" button.
Authors, groups and institutions are included in the 3500 character limit - spaces are not counted.
Author's names will be displayed using first initial(s) and full last name. Presenting authors will be displayed in bold type (e.g. J. Smith, W. S. Brown, and R. A. Jones).
Each institution and author will be referenced with superscript numbers and include the institution’s city, two-letter state/province abbreviation and country.
ASM will correspond with the presenting author only. Changes in the presenting author must be communicated to ASM. It is the responsibility of the presenting author to contact all co-authors with the disposition and scheduling of the abstract. The complete address of the presenting author is required in order to assure that correspondence arrives promptly and easily.
Special Note: Any communication about your abstract will come from email@example.com Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your ‘safe senders’ list in your email program to alleviate bounce backs or your notification being sent to a junk mail folder.
Click the "Save and Continue" button.
Click "Add a Group" or "Add an Author" for each co-author or group. Institution and email address should be entered for each author. Each institution and author will be referenced with superscript numbers and include the institution's, city, two-letter state abbreviation and country (DO NOT enter department, division, zip code, etc.).
Click the "Continue" button.
Keywords are completely independent of each other and should be able to stand alone in the index. Words should be lowercase, except for genus names and proper nouns. For Greek characters, please spell out names. Organisms will be italicized in final publications. Enter up to three keywords, two are required.
Click the "Continue" button.
Your abstract may have up to 3500 characters, which include title, authors, affiliations, abstract text, tables and graphics. Spaces are not counted. Do NOT include abstract title, authors or keywords in abstract text. Abstract text may be submitted using either of the following methods: Copy/paste, direct entry keystrokes, or file upload. ASM also recommends that the abstract is divided into four (4) sections and bold each section as follows: “Background”, “Methods”, “Results”, and “Conclusions.”
Please note: Apple Macintosh Users Only
To preserve formatting, scientific characters, and tables embedded in your abstract text, please use the Upload a File Containing Your Abstract.
- Once your abstract text is saved, you will be given the opportunity to add a graphic or table.
- The recommended table size is 5 columns by 8 rows.
- The tables count as 250 characters which are included in the 3500 character limit.
- Table Generator: Limit of 5 columns and 8 rows. Use tab to move between cells. Online instructions are available as you proceed.
- You may also upload your table as a graphic.
- The recommended graphic size, to optimize resolution, is 2 inches wide by 3 inches tall and 300 DPI.
- The graphics count as 500 characters which are included in the 3500 character limit.
- The graphics are submitted separately, subsequent to abstract text.
- Graphics will appear large on the screen, but will be adapted for publication
The application deadline for all of the below travel awards is February 9, 2017.
To obtain detailed information about the below travel awards, as well as to apply to any of them, please visit our website. You will be taken to an external site to review and/or submit your application form and supporting documentation. Please return to the abstract submission site to complete your abstract submission process.
ASM Travel Awards:
• Dr. Mario Escobar ($1,500)
• Dr. Herman Friedman ($1,500)
• Dr. Edith Hsiung ($1,200)
• Dr. Edwin Lennette ($1,200)
PASCV Travel Awards:
Special Travel Award for Latin American Residents
This award is offered to trainees or faculty residing in Latin America who submit an abstract showing exceptional research in the field of Clinical Virology. The award consists of a prize of $2000 and a plaque.
PASCV provides awards to students, postdoctoral fellows and technologists who have abstracts accepted to the Clinical Virology Symposium showing excellence in the field of Clinical Virology. The awards consist of a prize of $750 and a plaque.
- Be presenting author of submitted abstract;
- Be a student, post-doctoral fellow, or technologist; and
- Not have received the award in the past three years.
*Preference is given to those who have not received the award.
To Apply and for more information please visit our website.
It is very important that you review you work to proof accuracy of all elements of the submitted abstract including spelling and figures. Ensure that the character count is within the 3500 character limit and that all submitted tables and graphics are completely submitted and appear in the abstract text to guarantee that the abstract submission process is complete.
If you have any questions regarding use of the abstract submission site please contact technical support:
Phone: +1 (217) 398-1792 Fax: +1 (217) 355-0101